Attractions

Grenfell "Adare" Museum

Mr. and Mrs. Edward Fitz-Gerald built this Queen Anne revival style home in 1904. After arriving in Canada from Ireland Mr. Fitz-Gerald became very active in the early years of Grenfell. He was the editor and publisher of the first local newspaper in Grenfell in 1894. Louis Hood purchased the house after the death of Mr. Fitz-Gerald and divided the home into suites.

After Mr. Hood's passing the house was bequeathed to the Town for senior citizens housing. Adare's destiny however was historical as the Grenfell Museum Association became curator and opened it as a museum on July 6, 1973.

The museum has a wide collection of artifacts that give an excellent sense of the history and atmosphere of Grenfell and District. An annex located next to the museum houses an outstanding military display, historical map of the area and an 1949 Fargo fire truck.

Regular summer museum hours are Friday to Sunday 2pm till 8pm during July & August. Contact numbers are posted on the museum door to arrange a tour outside of the regular hours.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Mosaic of Murals

Celebrating our past through local artisans once can find various murals located throughout the Town. While most are created within the confines of structures if one is interested in seeing these fine works of art a viewing can be arranged.